KTAR News – Think Tank Discusses the Economy, COVID and the Stimulus Plan
This week’s Think Tank discusses the economy with economist Jim Rounds of Rounds Consulting.
• What do economists do anyway? Why did Harry Truman want “a one armed economist”?
• The state of the economy now. How are we doing? How does this compare to the Great Recession?
• Structural changes in the economy due to COVID, some of which may be permanent.
• The proposed $1.9 trillion Biden pandemic COVID response plan
• How do economic incentives really work? Minimum wage increase vs. unemployment payments. Wouldn’t the former have better incentives for work?